Enrico Castellani was born in Castelmassa (Rovigo) in 1930. He studied in Novara and Milan and in 1952 moved to Brussels, Belgium, where he attended courses in painting and sculpture at the Académie des Beaux Arts for about a year. In 1956 he obtained a degree in Architecture at École Nationale Superiéure de la Cambre. Solo exhibitions have been dedicated to the artist’s work in prestigious art galleries and public institutions among which: Pushkin Museum of fine art, Moscow, (2005); Mùzeum Milano Dobesa, Bratislava, (2006), Cà Pesaro, Fondazione Musei Civici Venice (2013). He participated at the Venice Biennal in 1966, 1984 and in 2003. He died in Celleno (Viterbo) on December 1, 2017.